Saturday, December 1, 2007

01 Dec 07

We tested out the bandsaw and the jointer this morning. They are going to be perfect for the blue room. I used them to make some legs for the planer from some rough 4X6 oak dunnage that we were planning on using for firewood. The legs will isolate any vibration from the planer to the floor and raise the planer's table height. We then went to J&D Recyclers to get some pipe for our dust collection system for the blue room. We also went to Home Depot to get some bolts for the outfeed/crossfeed table we have been working on. I worked on the mold some more today, as usual. We have decided to carve the butterfly panel into the mold rather than making it a seperate piece. Since it is a raised panel, there will have to be a molded panel that goes underneath it. In order to mold these lower panels, we will have to be able to remove the edges of the butterfly panel on the mold. It sounds more complicated than it is, but it may not be fully intelligible until we have done it and pictures are available. Aaron worked today, and he almost has the new and improved version of the engine animation completed.

No comments: